Application Support Engineer (Junior)
- You will perform application support in a mission critical environment. You will be required to:
- perform basic trouble shooting on the system if a problem is detected
- Correct problems detected on the system or implement a work around
- log and manage action requests for problems detected on the system;
- be on 24/7 standby at most every second week
- check the health of the system periodically during office hours and after hours when you are on standby;
- You will be required to assist with the configuration and testing of new deliverables and roll-out of these deliverables into the production environment.
- A relevant tertiary qualification – degree or diploma
- A minimum of 1-2 years professional work experience as a support engineer is required; 6-month internships are also available for suitable candidates that do not have suitable work experience
- Experience with Red Hat Linux (or other distributions) at proficient user level will be highly advantageous
- Experience in the Telecommunications Sector will be highly advantageous
- A passion for application support, liaising between the end client and third line engineering
Remuneration and Benefits
- Cost To Company (excluding leave) R18 000 to R28 000 – based on experience
- Flexible working hours – 8 hours per day that can be arranged according to lifestyle with core hours 09h00 to 15h00 SAST
- Employee Share Benefit Scheme (ESBS) which you form part of automatically after 3 years of employment
- This is a profit-based bonus scheme
- You will also profit if a sale of business takes place when you are a member of the ESBS
- Open culture with access across the organizational functions – you can therefore influence the direction of the company and create high visibility of your contribution.
- 20 days leave per year incrementing by 1 day per full year of employment up to a maximum of 25 days per year after 5 years of employment.