Senior Software Engineer
- Work on Globetom products and implementation of such products for customers in a senior role
- Own and contribute (as technical team lead) design of core product extensions based on defined roadmap or customer requirements
- Contribute to requirement analysis and elaboration using Use Case Analysis and UML design.
- C++ development required by customer projects
- You will be exposed and will be a user of the Globetom Service Oriented Architecture framework and a part of your work will entail business process modelling in Microsoft Visio to define services advertised by our SOA framework.
- Test driven development – You will be required to assist with unit test case definition as well as test automation making use of PHP Unit as it forms part of the Globetom regression test framework
- Make use of Agile development process
- A relevant tertiary qualification: BSc Computer Science or BIT or BEng (Computer Engineering)
- A minimum of 6 years professional work experience is required in the ICT Industry as a full-time Software Engineer
- Experience with C++ (Linux) and PHP preferred (or willingness to learn to use PHP)
- Experience with Red Hat Linux (or other distributions) at proficient user level
- Willingness to work with existing frameworks to implement short to medium duration projects that implements solutions on an existing product and framework
- Willingness to perform maintenance on existing frameworks and implementations
- Willingness to lead projects to implement core product extensions
- Enjoy value innovation – commercializing our product offering to take to market while continuously helping to increase product maturity and to lower internal cost of delivery to market.
- Work with collaboration and agile development toolsets.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Gross salary of R55 000 to R65 000 per month – negotiable based on experience
- Flexible working hours – 8 hours per day that can be arranged according to lifestyle with core hours 09h00 to 15h00 SAST
- Employee Share Benefit Scheme (ESBS) which you form part of automatically after 3 years of employment
- This is a profit-based bonus scheme
- You will also profit if a sale of business takes place when you are a member of the ESBS
- Open culture with access across the organizational functions – you can therefore influence the direction of the company and create high visibility of your contribution.
- 20 days leave per year incrementing by 1 day per full year of employment up to a maximum of 25 days per year after 5 years of employment.